Well they’ve gone and done it! ARK finally made the leap to DX12. With a marked 20℅ performance increase on Windows 10, the game now runs noticeably smoother. Also for some reason fish have feeding frenzies now. I’m not sure why this is yet.
On top of this much needed performance patch the game designers have released two new dinos. While both are flyers, the one seems to carry you beneath it’s feet, while the other allows for 3 passengers. Here’s the clincher… It can land on the sides of trees! This allows for an insane turn of events for PVP.
I have one more in game item that I want to talk about that they’ve released. Night vision goggles. No more need to crank up your gamma or brightness. This also will allow for torches raiding which will catch your enemies (or friends?) off guard for sure! Let’s do a quick math problem… This paragraph plus the new flyer equals…
Finally we come to something that you hopefully have experienced and are sick of. Light shafts and light bloom in game. Namely from metal, this problem is more blinding than the “lenses flare generators” in Star Trek. These can now be disabled in your normal graphics options bottom left of the screen.
That’s all for now folks enjoy your gaming!
Here are the Official notes + sub-patches as of today.
Current Version: v247.2
* Fixed issue with Structures not colorizing.
* Fixed issue with platform Beds not allowing spawn. Requires server update.
* Fixed crash with equipping weapons onto Mantis in singleplayer
* Improved TheCenter performance/RAM issue (still a remaining problem with this).
* Fixed Primitive+ Crash. Requires server update.
* Fixed ability to use Torches/Spyglass/etc while Riding Dinos. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Allosaurus Kibble requirements (uses Savoroot Veggie, not Savoroot Seed). Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Allososaurus & Pelagornis Fertilized Eggs making respective Kibble. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed singleplayer crash reloading with Mantis Equipment
* Fixed Primitive+ character animations & updated Primitive+ content. We highly recommend that all Prim+ servers update to this new version!
* TheCenter mega-update!
* New Item: Night Vision Goggles!
* New Dino: Tapejara!
* New Dino: Archaeopteryx!
* Wind Turbines now function properly on TheCenter and TheIsland
* You can now name turrets and the turret name will show up in the Tribe Kill Log/HUD message.
* PvE Greenhouse auto-demolish timers are now 25% more than Stone
* Added Server Option to disable Dino Mate Boost
* 30% to 40% rendering performance improvement of Structures
* ~300 MB memory reduction by dynamically streaming the destruction meshes
* NVIDIA Ansel now supports TrueSky at Super Resolutions, and improved Super Resolution SSAO
* Fixed the colorizable regions of the Wood Chair and Bench (4 of them)
* In-Menu Options to disable Bloom and Light Shafts, respectively
* Fixed Korean Langauge setting to use the Steam language value
* Fixed various collision glitch/exploit cases