Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v262.0
Current Client Version: v262.0
A Little Further Out:
– “Boss Wars”
– More Creatures, Gear, Armors, Weapons, & Structures!
– DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf
– Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
– GPU & CPU rendering optimizations
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
Current Version: v262.12
– Fixed an issue where clients would crash when joining The Center or Ragnarok maps
– Fixed some server crashes
– TheCenter and PGMs now use TheIsland’s alpha spawner arrays.
– TheCenter lightning light flashes now stop after it has rained!
– New Achievement: TheCenter Guardians Achievement for defeating its bosses
– Dragon boss no longer present on TheCenter
– Center Boss damage reduced by 33% versus TheIsland bosses
– Fixed Bosses so they no longer have random levels, but will scale correctly on game and server difficulty.
– Primitive+: Pachyrhino and Lystro are now tameable with Bug repellant and Rare flowers respectively
– Primitve +: Primitve pick axe and torch should now persist after logging out
– Primitive+: Battle axe and Viking axe blueprints now work in the grindstone
– Primitive+: Crash fix for flying over an Explorer Note.
– [Console] No longer crash if generating a PGM after loading TheIsland.
– Improved TheCenter Lava
– Troodon food has increased
– Sounds have been added to the UI Radial Menu
– The implant has been locked to the first slot of inventories
– Leeches have been added to the Swamp Cave
– Significantly reduced the number of Arthros in Swamp Cave
– Improved MoveTo attack trace, should be easier to select smaller targets now.
– When teleporting to player pos via tether, the teleportee now gains a +2 z offset
– Stonepick Melee attacking while running no longer stops the run toggle on controller
– Volume of crouch-prone in-out increased by 45%
– [Console] PGM no longer ooms after initial generation
– New commands to see where Dinos are when hibernated, as well as teleport to the nearest hibernated creature. “cheat hiwarp raptor_character_bp_c” and “cheat hibernationreport raptor_character_bp_c”
– Fixed a potential lighting issue when leaving the Broodmother Arena
– Fixed some super-bright water reflections
– Increased the capsule size of Pternadon to make sure it can’t fit thru player sized door frames
– Fixed character creation screen cursor not displaying in Primitive+
– Improved Troodon low-poly
– TheCenter now has Obelisk amb sounds ala TheIsland
– No longer missing the option to delete individual player dedicated saves for maps
– Placement Rotation indicator now appears with controller
– Fixed a case where Right Trigger would punch forever
– Pressing B on the controller when you have a Combo Box open will now result in canceling it (eg PGM)
– Correctly focusing on engrams when tabbing between Engram and Inventory UI
– A whole bunch of split-screen bugs were resolved!
– Fixed a case where the UI would focus drop all after placing an item into the quick slot
– Fixed a fog of war exploit in SP
– Fixed ATV not saving
– R. and SG. commands no longer work in console shipping environments
– ATV: RB should toggle first person as when riding a dino, RT should honk horn
– Fixed a case where Megalania couldn’t climb Destructible Rocks — perhaps just on console?
– FPV hands now enter a special ‘dragging’ anim pose when dragging a body
– When there are no additional element items to load into the weapon, Tek Rifle icon text should say “0%” (or whatever %), not “0% +”
– Torches on dino saddles now scare away Troodons.
– Fixed a case where Corpse Locator did not work reliably while underwater.
– Fixed an issue where certain engrams weren’t learnable (e.g The Campfire)
– Removed difficulty strings from PGM spawn points
– Fixed a case where Extended H player hud label for tribes would be cut off
– 25 more element to build Tek Generator
– Safari Hat and Thorny Dragon Skins & Parasaur Saddle can be dropped like all the other skins
– Slightly louder & farther atten human death sound
– We now display dino entry icon next to “you have tamed” notification
– Reduced Dolphin tamed run speed by 15%
– Fixed an issue with low quality Beaver Dams
– Night Vision goggles drain 20% slower (last longer)
– Tek Rifle and Explosives damage foliage
– Increase Explorer Note unlocked volume by 5%
– No longer play time transitions when the player has no pawn.
– Added special corner icon on “skin” items to tell them apart from regular items.
– Attaching quality torches to saddles no longer converts them into primitive quality when the durability runs out.
– Fixed a case where remote inventories were not transferring to the appropriate folder.
– Gigas are no longer able to gather wood by eating snow trees in the snow biome.
– Fixed Cave spawns on TheCenter
– Accessing a Bee Hive no longer provides health
– LT and RT Functionality swapped for Painting
– Boss Arena teleporter pads and obelisk pads are correctly colourized.
– Obelisk laser beam is now aligned with the terminal center.
– Sand looks darker, wetter, and shinier where appropriate (more for console)
– Rain VFX has been improved to not be so close to the camera and now appears no matter how fast you go
– Cave lighting improved on Carno Island
– Tek Jepack superboost (“takeoff”) sound has been changed to make it sound more like a jetpack
– Removed the drop shadow from the right hud icons
– Host Sess UI: Delete Procedural ARK button needs to have a confirmation dialog
– Changed title on “Tame Groups” panel to “Tame Ordering Groups” and will now display an asterisk next to the active groups button label text
– Double-tap X (controller) to activate weapon attachment is now indicated on options controls gamepad
– Fixed case where some loading tips would be cut off.
– Tribe Log increased on Console
– Now buttons which are selected appear brighter on the Main Menu’s Help menu.
– Engram label texts are not modulating by the UI panel alpha (thus aren’t fading out with the rest of the UI)
– When you already have a survivor (i.e. you have the respawn button visible), there is a confirmation dialog for when you “Create New Survivor” saying “Warning: This will destroy your previous Survivor, are you sure you wish to proceed?”
– Fixed a case where the number of empty item blank spots in storage boxes are inaccurate when you have any filter enabled such as search filter or folder filter
– Center burned tree LODs have been improved
– Improved LODs for various trees, twigs, branches, stumps, etc.
– Fixed a case where female face texture may have been lower rez (perhaps console only?)
– The level up animation on the Mammoth no longer causes the player to become a gymnast.
– Dolphins don’t spawn in underwater caves
– Fixed a case where the Alpha Buff wouldn’t display on underwater creatures.
– Improved LODs for Woolly Rhino, Beaver, Camelsaurus, Ichthyornis, Daeodon, Stag, and Sheep.
– TEK Tapejara Saddle now has a torch socket
– Made sure TheCenter prevents flyers in its key caves
– Eliminated any bigfoot ground shakes
– TheCenter now has combat biome appropriate music (ala TheIsland)
– TheCenter now has wind and ambience SFX in the boss area
– Wild beehives are no longer affected by the StructureResistanceMultiplier
– Yuty now has a faster rotation rate when in melee attack range (see the Rex)
– TekCave Purlovias now have a 65% chance to be underground (previously was 50%)
– Wild Itchy now has a 20s delay on its theft attack and a 2500 radius for targeting player or tame after it’s found you.
– After Alpha Ascension, you should have access to the Rex Bionic Skin. After Defeating TheCenter End Bosses, on any difficulty, you should have access to the Giga Bionic Skin.
– Wyverns should now teleport to the Manticore Arena.
– Female now have a status suffocation-enter and suffocation-leave sounds
– Boss Arena Cooldowns are eliminated in Single Player
– There is now a “This Weapon Can’t be Used Here” prevention volume HUD notification in appropriate areas (e.g boss arenas)
– There is now a 25% chance of fog with any rain!
– More Eels, Trilobites, and Euyrps in underwater overworld
– Decreased implant open/close volume by 20%
– Reduced Slingshot fire vol by 10%
– Polar Bear aggro range in the ice cave should be increased to something similar to the other hostile creatures in there.
– Removed non-iceberg Kairuku spawns on TheIsland
– Reduce targeting range of AI in both underwater caves by 50%, and reduced spawn quantity in HARD cave specifically by 33%, also Eels in the hard cave now spawn in groups of 2, not 6
– Baby Wyverns no longer consume too much milk.
– Analog stick panning of 3D Painting Preview is no longer step-based (for precision)
– Fixed case where Gorilla LOD would be on low/fur would vanish from a distance.
– Moved any Explorer Notes previously found in the TEK Cave as it is a gauntlet dungeon and can be distracting for players.
– Gorilla Boss punch sounds adjusted.
– Pegomastax attack SFX are no longer vicious sounding.
– ORP Dinos should no longer have AI’s and thus not be particularly useful in boss fight.
– Fixed a case where TheCenter would have no atmospheric fog.
– SP no longer has a massive slowdown until respawning when suiciding
– Pressing Right Bumper with a controller when the Transponder Node weapon equipped should set the frequency, equivalent to pressing ‘N’ on keyboard control
– Hesperonis no longer teleports/pops back up to the surface after diving.
– Increased return-from-boss teleport pawn spread (less cases of being stuck when returning back to the Ob!)
– TheCenter Night has been made darker
– SP: Hair grows 20% slower
– Transfer-all sound increased by 33%
– Minimum draw distance increased by 10%
– If there is no inventory or harvesting component on a corpse, it will no longer display it the fact that <NAME> is dead.
– Dragon Player spawn adjusted slightly
– Fixed a case where Wandering Fish would cluster in corner
– FPS no longer dips when you painting yourself
– All HUB UI will be auto-closed when there is no player character (Previously Explorer Note UI that was opened would persist through respawns)
Ragnarok singleplayer data has moved.
Within this folder, move your Ragnarok save file and player data (LocalPlayer.arkprofile) in SavedArksLocal into it’s own Ragnarok folder (the folder will be created once you load Ragnarok again for the first time since the patch).